CES 2015 Whether you attended or just saw it on the news chances are good that you were exposed to the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). In a nutshell: if it’s cutting edge and has wires it is at this Megatron of a showcase.
The prestigious showcase debuted in 1967 and has been the unveiling place of technology like 8 Track (1971), the Commodore 64 (1989), and Blu-ray (2003). (The Verge article I read about this was fascinating) Now it’s over and we’re all sad (and exhausted) so let’s review the awesome.
This year was the year of all years for CES. Here are 6 Incredible Facts about CES 2015 from CES themselves:
1. The 2015 CES was the largest show in history with more than 2.2 million net square feet of exhibit space.
2. More than 3,600 exhibitors brought the latest in innovation and the future of technology to the show floor in categories like automotive electronics, personalized health care solutions, unmanned vehicles, connected devices, 3D printers, gaming and more.
3. #CES2015 featured a record number of startup exhibiting companies.
4. Last week, CES hosted more than 170,000 industry professionals from around the world…
5. …Including more than 45,000 attendees from outside the United States.
6. CES hosted some prestigious visitors this year and featured government officials from across the U.S. and Canada, including:
5 members of the Federal Communications Commission, including Chairman Tom Wheeler.
4 members of the Federal Trade Commission, including Chairwoman Edith Ramirez.
7 members of the U.S. Department of Commerce, including Deputy Secretary Bruce Andrews and Assistant Secretary of Industry and Analysis, Marcus Jadotte.
Clearly awesome. So let’s talk about highlights.
-Sci-Fi Technology that is coming true: self-driving cars. There were several, but Audi actually had a car drive itself to the show from the bay area (with supervision because I think it’s still illegal to not have someone driving a car.)
You have to go check out the twitter feed that chronicled the trip from San Fran to Las Vegas. We especially loved the #drivingnotdriving hashtag.
-Coolest Drone: Nixie. We’ve featured them before and we still think they’re awesome. All the “big guys” paid attention to this little drone at CES 2015 showing up in coverage by CNET, Gizmodo, Engaget, Forbes, and more. Everyone was stoked because it combines two hot tech trends: drones and wearables. What’s not to love? Check them out and see why the hype is deserved.
-And most exciting: the screen we can’t wait to get our hands on (touch pun): the LG 65”Smart 3D Curve OLED screen. We would lay touch technology over that screen any day of the week.
It’s beautiful, and with the CyberTouch overlay technology you can physically interact with all that beauty any where any time.
Please look at this giant screen for the LG Press Conference. We would trade a complete new-in-package collection of original Star Trek figurines to put touch overlay on that ginormous beauty.
It was an awesome week and we’re stoked on the technology coming out of it. They’re already working on the 2016 show – whose in? #roadtripCES2016